San Sebastian @sansebastianfes unveils Films in Progress: 6 films from Argentina, Chile and Colombia
Films in Progress 24 will run in San Sebastian from Sept 23-25 as part of the 61st edition of the festival. This year, for the first time, Films in Progress will last for three days to coincide with the II Europe-Latin America Co-production Forum.
The titles programmed for presentation in Films in Progress 24 are:
• La comodidad en la distancia (Chile) Jorge Yacoman Saavedra
• Historia del Miedo (Argentina-Uruguay-France-Germany) Benjamín Naishtat
• Matar a un hombre (Chile-France) Alejandro Fernández Almendras
• Nacimiento (Colombia) Martín Mejía Rugeles
• Pantanal (Argentina) Andrew Sala
• La Salada (Argentina) Juan Martín Hsu.
Films in Progress is the programme of aid to Latin American cinema called twice yearly by the San Sebastian Festival and Cinélatino Rencontres de Toulouse.
For this edition a total of 82 submissions from 16 countries were received.
The Films in Progress Industry Award will be granted at the event.
The companies Daniel Goldstein S.L., Deluxe Spain, Dolby Iberia, Laserfilm Cine y Video, Nephilim producciones, No Problem Sonido, and Vértigo Films will assume the post-production of a film until achieving a DCP subtitled in English and its distribution in Spain.
Source: Screen Daily
Entry filed under: FILM FESTIVALS, SAN SEBASTIAN. Tags: Cinélatino Rencontres de Toulouse, Cine Latinoamericano San Sebastian, Films in Progress San Sebastian, latam cinema, Latam film, Latam Movies, Latin American Movies San Sebastian.